Why Join Alexander Youth Network?
Founded in 1888, Alexander Youth Network is the leading provider of children's mental and behavioral health in North Carolina and serves over 10,000 children and youth adults annually. Headquartered in Charlotte with service locations in the central, western, and Southern Piedmont regions of the state, Alexander combined a variety of treatment programs into a complete Service Array, to meet the need of our clients - wherever they are.
To learn more about services, please visit www.alexanderyouth.network.org.
What you would do:
Assist in planning, coordinating and prioritizing the work of the RN staff to promote consistency and reliability of care, assists in the development of policies and procedures, assists in ensuring compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory standards. The Lead Charge Nurse will oversee and monitor the milieu and all restrictive interventions to ensure the safety and welfare of FBC clients. Will promote the use of the Model of Care; manage medication, medical treatments, observe clients for any health status changes, coordinate emergent care and transport, and collaborates with the team to ensure each client's essential well-child healthcare needs are met during their placement in the FBC; provide healthcare education to their FBC Treatment Team members, clients, family members and other agency programs as needed, i.e. Medication Administration and Blood Borne Pathogen/Infection Control. The Lead Charge Nurse applies knowledge of child growth and development as it relates to the Neuro-sequential Model of Care; explains procedures and treatments to clients to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension through awareness of comfort and safety needs of client; demonstrates punctuality, dependability and on-call availability to work additional shifts; The Lead Charge Nurse remains flexible to alter core scheduling when unexpected scheduling needs arise within the department and included in ratio as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead Charge Nurse coordinates schedule and oversees the training and orientation of new RN staff.
· Will conduct client groups and oversees the coordination of in-service educational programs, conducts RN staff meetings,
· Will provide and oversee quality nursing services in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, TCI regulations, JC standards and agency policies
· Will demonstrate the ability to function safely, professionally and ethically without the benefit of direct supervision. This includes ensuring clear and accurate communication to all RN staff
· Monitors the milieu to ensure the safety and welfare of the clients
· Monitors all FBC restrictive interventions
· Adhere to FBC standards and TCI protocols for restrictive interventions (RIs)
· Completes all mandated training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Valid and current RN, NC licensure plus one year crisis experience. Experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity strongly preferred. Proficiency in MS Office applications
What We Offer:
Alexander offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
Alexander youth network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities