Alexander Youth Network is looking for a QMHP to join our Coastal Multisystemic Therapy (MST) team as a MST Therapist in Wilmington.
QMHP should have either a Bachelors in a Human Services related field (i.e.. Psychology, Social Work) and two years experience with children/adolescents or a Masters in a Human Services related field and one experience with Children/adolescents or a Bachelors in a non- Human Services related field and four years experience with children/adolescents or be fully or provisionally licensed (LCSW, LPC, LMFT).
The Multi-Systemic Therapist provides
comprehensive services to adolescents and their families. Completes functional assessments of the
adolescent in the context of the family, school and community, focusing on
helping parents build supportive social networks, empowering parents to address
the needs of the adolescent more effectively, teaching the adolescent new
coping skills and emphasizing long-term change that families can maintain after
the program has been completed.
AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete targeted direct service hours
- Maintain active service plan on each client
- Accurately maintains client Electronic Health Record
- Successfully meet discharge outcomes
- Clinical Assessments and Updates
- Participate in Individual and Group Supervision, Team Meetings and MST Consultations as required
- Coordinate services within multi-systems in reaching the client's goals and to ensure buy-in and cooperation throughout the MST process as evidenced by treatment review meetings and taking the clinical lead on cases.
- Provide direct clinical treatment (family, individual, community based services and case management) using methods compatible with MST principles, analytic process and practices as evidenced by therapist adherence measure scores and positive outcomes with families.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with MST principles and analytic process as evidenced by weekly summaries and productivity documentation.
- Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and struggles, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within an ecological context.
- Engage primary caregivers and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Flexibility and consistency in scheduling with the families as evidenced by meeting with families on the average 6-8 hrs per week at the start of treatment and clinically assessing need throughout treatment.
- On-call duties 24/7, with rotation of weekend duties.
- Active participation in weekly group supervision as evidenced by preparedness, providing feedback to team members, and accepting feedback from others.
- Active participation in weekly group consultation with MST consultant and all MST trainings as evidenced by preparedness, providing necessary supervision feedback to consultant and accepting feedback from the consultant.
- Appropriate use of individual supervision as needed as evidenced by seeking supervision when barriers arise and participating in clinician development sessions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Bachelors degree in Human Service and 2 years of
experience QMHP required.
It is preferred that the individual will have experience
in working with antisocial behaviors in adolescents. The individual should have a strong
understanding of family systems and social ecology theories. It will be important to have an understanding
of the MST philosophy and practices. The
individual will have experience in coordinating services with other agencies
within the mental health community. An
understanding of family dynamics, substance abuse, child abuse and neglect,
educational issues and the legal system will be essential.BENEFITS
Alexander boasts a
comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical with Employer-Sponsored HRA
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounts and Perks such as AAA, credit union membership, and more!
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Mileage Reimbursement