Do you have in interest
in working with North Carolina's leader in children's behavioral healthcare?
Then Alexander Youth Network is the place for you!
Why Join Alexander Youth
Founded in 1888,
Alexander Youth Network is the leading provider of children's mental and
behavioral health in North Carolina and serves over 10,000 children and youth
adults annually. Headquartered in Charlotte with service locations in the
central, western, and Southern Piedmont regions of the state, Alexander
combined a variety of treatment programs into a complete Service Array, to meet
the need of our clients - wherever they are.
To learn more about
services, please visit www.alexanderyouthnetwork.org.
What you would do:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform various refrigeration, plumbing and
heating-related duties; assist in the purchase, installation, repair and
maintenance of various plumbing, heating and air conditioning fixtures.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including
saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and
maintenance work; maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean and proper
- Estimate cost of labor and materials for work orders;
obtain competitive prices for equipment and supplies needed.
- Perform a variety of skilled building maintenance
including repairs to doors, windows, roofs and other building parts;
construct or assemble furniture and other wood and metal structures.
- Perform minor maintenance and minor repair on
mechanical and electrical equipment; test and replace circuits; coordinate
emergency repairs; perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Complete all service requests and miscellaneous
projects as assigned by the Operations Manager & Maintenance
Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintain and coordinate a regular schedule of service
and preventive maintenance of all equipment and utilities related to
facility operation and in house requirements set by Maintenance
- Identify, notify and correct hazardous and/or dangerous
- Collect and dispose of recycling items.
- Assist with necessary painting, custodial and grounds
work as needed.
- Participate in standby emergency evening, weekend and
- Monitor and stock paper products.
- Assist in identifying maintenance needs and possible
hazardous conditions or situations and notify Maintenance Supervisor.
- Decontaminate work surfaces as regulated by OSHA.
- Notify Facilities Manager of equipment needing repair
- Perform all duties with minimal or no direct
- Use effective internal and external communication.
- Follow all safety, health and infection control
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years
What We Offer:
Alexander offers a
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical with Employer-Sponsored HRA
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Long Term Care Benefits
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Agency provided Continuing Education Units (CEUs) at no
- Discounts and Perks such as AAA, credit union
membership, and more!
Alexander youth network
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants
for employment and complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has