Do you have in interest in working with North Carolina's leader in children's behavioral healthcare? Alexander Youth Network needs you!
Why Join Alexander Youth Network?
Founded in 1888, Alexander Youth Network is the leading provider of children's mental and behavioral health in North Carolina and serves over 10,000 children and youth adults annually. Headquartered in Charlotte with service locations in the central, western, and Southern Piedmont regions of the state, Alexander combined a variety of treatment programs into a complete Service Array, to meet the need of our clients - wherever they are.
Our services include:
- Diagnostic Outpatient Services
- Community-based Programs
- Substance Use Treatment
- Day Treatment
- Residential Treatment
In addition to our mental health services, our programs under The Relatives (Mecklenburg) and Youth Focus (Guilford) serve youth and young adults in crisis through transitional living programs, crisis centers, a resource center in Charlotte, and a maternity home in Greensboro.
To learn more about services, please visit www.alexanderyouth.network.org.
What you would do:
The Transition Specialist will coordinate, monitor, assess, and link services for On Ramp program participants. This includes conducting street outreach activities, providing intensive case management services, and working with various agencies and individuals to ensure young adults are equipped with the tools, support, and resources necessary to successfully function as independent adults.
The person in this role will coordinate the services for young adults aging out of foster care in transition. This may include working with various agencies, providers, faith based organizations, and individual partnerships. They will develop, implement, and manage the individualized plans for young adults ages 16-24. They will help to ensure young adults are provided with the tools, support, and resources necessary to become self sufficient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish a supportive and helpful relationship with program participants.
- Conduct street outreach activities as a means of recruiting new participants and providing supportive services to youth and young adults within the local community
- Monitor, link, assess, and coordinate services within 5 transition domains: Education, Employment, Health and safety, Community Life Functioning, and Safe and stable living situation/housing
- Develop, implement, and manage the individualized plans for program participants
- Provide monthly review and update of participant's future's plans
- Serve as an advocate for program participants thereby helping to eliminate barriers to successful attainment of goals.
- Act as a liaison for youth between various systems (Department of Social Services, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Criminal Justice, other community agencies, etc.), as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up to date case documentation, including performance reporting and analysis
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.A./B.S. Degree in related human service field and two years of related experience with target population is required
Familiarity in MS Office applications required
What We Offer:
Alexander offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical with Employer-Sponsored HRA
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) at no cost
- Discounts and Perks such as AAA, credit union membership, and more!
Alexander youth network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities