Youth Focus has joined with Alexander Youth Network!!!
Alexander Youth Network is looking for a part-time and/or Program Coach for the Hearth Transitional Living Program The individual in this position will provide direction to youth who are transitioning to independent living. The hours will vary between first and second shift on the weekend and will include two 8-hour shifts.
Alexander Youth Network offers transitional housing to homeless young adults age 18-21 in a supervised, yet independent, living environment. Youth receive counseling, vocational and educational training, parent education services, independent living skills training, and other supports as needed for his or her individual situation.
Pay rate is $14.00 per hour.
The individual in this position will provide direction to youth who are transitioning to independent living. The hours will vary between first and second shift on the weekend and will include two 8-hour shifts. The Program Coach must demonstrate the Agency's purpose, philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or high school diploma and one to two years experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The ability to write routine reports and correspondence in a legible manner.
- The ability to use basic math skills including multiplication, division, understanding units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have a valid driver's license that is in good standing with 5 years experience
- Clean criminal background.
- Respects the cultural diversity of children in care, and strives to create a positive relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives instruction for daily activities from the program manager, coordinates this with residents' schedules and helps implement accordingly.
- Models for residents and gives them instruction regarding desirable health, personal habits, and independent living skills.
- Purchases food for meals and prepares meals as needed.
- Plans, leads, and participates in recreational activities
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of the program by enforcing the rules and policies of the maternity home and the agency. Supervises the residents and their children.
- Provides transportation, tutorial assistance, and emotional support to residents.
- Maintains any duties necessary to continue upkeep of the facility.
- Participates in team meetings and provides feedback to residents and staff about individual clients' progress and ways to improve programming.
- Completes all required record keeping in a timely manner.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.