The Relatives On Ramp Resource Center is looking for a Resource Center Assistant to provide support to the On Ramp and Housing programs. This position is a great opportunity for some interested in gaining hands-on experience with youth and young adults in crisis. Bachelor's degree in Human Services field is strong preferred.
On Ramp is a drop-in resource center for any young adult 16-24 years old who may need help making the successful evolution from youth to being an independent adult. Through case management and structured support, our resource center staff empowers young adults to find employment, education and housing opportunities, ultimately leading to independence.
Coordinates variety of activities for participants in
The Relatives On Ramp program by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide Future's plan follow-up/updates to Resource Center participants.
- Assess needs, situations, strengths and support networks to determine participant's goals
- Serve as client advocate, providing referrals, facilitating individual and group sessions and case management (as needed).
- Assist with Aftercare services of young adults
- Assist with educational software on the GED Prep Center computers.
- Coordinate and schedule all GED Prep instructional activities.
- Collaborate with others and work individually to produce GED Prep enrollments.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation
- Coordinates monthly workshops and program activities
- Complete futures plans, client assessments, team meetings
- Provide quality services in accordance with RENEW regulations, and agency policies
- Demonstrate the ability to function safely, professionally and ethically without the benefit of direct supervision. This includes serving as client advocate, providing referrals, facilitating individual and group sessions and case management (as needed)
- Complete all mandated training.
- Attendance: Has minimal occurrences of unscheduled absences or lateness
- Establish a supportive and helpful relationship with the young adults in transition and other identified imporant relationships
- Monitor, link, and coordinate services within 5 transition domains: Education, Employment, Health and safety, Community Life Functioning, and Safe and stable living situation/housing
- Maintain accurate and timely case documentation
- Obtains assistance for client by referring him/her to community resources; arranging for appointments; establishing rapport with other agencies.
- Ensures the use of appropriate interventions in order to provide a safe environment for clients and staff.
- Maintains communication with Supervisor regarding client behaviors, and other pertinent concerns in order to provide the highest quality of client care.
- Attends and participates in Group Sessions, Staff Meetings, Case Staffing, Intakes and Trainings as required/needed.
- Completes Critical Incident Reports, Environment of Care requests, and other relevant documents.
- Ensures the milieu environment is maintained in a neat and orderly manner conducive to treatment and in compliance with safety, health, and infection control policies as evidenced by EOC inspections
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.A. or B.S. preferably in a related human services
field is preferred. Six months
experience in behavioral healthcare is preferred.
Proficiency in MS Office applications preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Completion of Alexander Youth Network Model of Care and
all other center provided training.
specific competency for children and adolescents, competency in the
Administration of Medications, Working with
Mental Health Population through utilization of Therapeutic
Crisis Intervention and Love & Logic, Life Saving / Safety to
include First Aid and CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens and Infection Control.
Alexander boasts a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical with Employer-Sponsored HRA
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounts and Perks such as AAA, credit union membership, and more!