Interested in an opportunity with a leading Mental Health organization? Alexander Youth Network is looking for a Qualified Mental Health professional (QMHP) for an opportunity as a Mental Health Counselor to work at our Yadkinville Elementary Day in Yadkinville, NC.
Our Mental Health Counselors work closely with the Licensed Therapist, Teachers, and other program staff to ensure that the clients' needs are met. A Mental Health Counselor spends about 80% of their day working directly with consumers helping them achieve their goals and the other 20% planning, documenting and completing case management duties.
Some of the MHC responsibilities
- Planning developmentally appropriate daily activities for the consumers and actively participates in these activities to promote healthy engagement and positive relationships.
- Providing "in the moment' feedback to consumers to promote positive achievement of their goals
- Helping to link consumers to supportive services and supports to assist them in meeting their goals across all settings.
To learn more about our services and to apply directly, visit our Careers page at www.alexanderyouthnetwork.org.
Manages the behavior and records the treatment progress of clients in the Day Treatment learning environment. Coordinates service delivery by assessing the needs of the child and family and linking with appropriate services. Conducts and leads group activities to support treatment goals; ensures that the Person Centered Plan is created, modified, and reviewed as appropriate through the Child and Family Team; provides agency vehicle transportation as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Qualified Professional (QP), Bachelors degree and 2 - 4 years of experience in child mental health and/or day treatment. Familiarity in MS Office applications preferred.
Age specific competency for children and adolescents, competency in the Administration of Medications, Working with Mental Health Population through utilization of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics, Life Saving / Safety to include First Aid and CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens and Infection Control.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's license in state of residency
Alexander boasts a comprehensive benefits package which includes: