Youth Focus has joined with Alexander Youth Network!
Alexander Youth Network is looking for a Qualified Mental Health professional (QMHP) for an opportunity as a Mental Health Counselor to work in our Structured Day Program in Greensboro, The Structured Day Treatment program serves middle and high school students. This program combines behavioral health treatment, substance use, and academics in a structured classroom setting.
The Structured Day Treatment program follows The Seven Challenges model of therapy for substance use. This model encourages individuals to identify life goals and challenges to make appropriate lifestyle changes towards sobriety.
Some of the MHC responsibilities include:
- Planning developmentally appropriate daily activities for the consumers and actively participates in these activities to promote healthy engagement and positive relationships.
- Providing "in the moment' feedback to consumers to promote positive achievement of their goals
- Helping to link consumers to supportive services and supports to assist them in meeting their goals across all settings.
The Mental Health Counselor is a Qualified Mental Health Professional that works in a Structured Day (classroom setting) and must demonstrate the Agency's purpose, philosophy, policies and procedures. This individual works as a team member and oversees the day-to-day activities and needs of the clients in their care.
BA/BS in the human services discipline and two years experience with the service population. Must have a valid driver's license and maintain the ability to be covered under agency auto insurance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds appropriately to each client according to their treatment plan.
- Restrains aggressive clients in accordance with Youth Focus Policy and Procedure.
- Monitors client status and documents and/or reports findings to appropriate staff.
- Assists with educational, therapeutic and recreational components of the program, monitors orderliness of environment and client safety.
- Serves as client advocate; establishes rapport; is aware of and respects the rights and dignity of all clients.
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and safe physical environment according to established guidelines.
- Interacts with clients in a therapeutic manner.
- Must be able to physically restrain and implement a therapeutic hold in accordance with agency policy and procedure.
- Possesses basic knowledge of group dynamics and can effectively facilitate a community, support or task group.
- Maintains sensitivity to cultural differences with client population.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.
Alexander boasts a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical with Employer-Sponsored HRA
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounts and Perks such as AAA, credit union membership, and more!